Biostatistician - Southampton
10 months ago
On behalf of a Global Leader we are currently looking for a Biostatistician to join a long term contract which will be a mix between remote work and onsite in Southampton.
As part of the Data Sciences team this role requires mid-level experience, working in a dynamic multidisciplinary team to enable the delivery of one of the partners major programs. Key responsibilities include leading in providing statistical design support, data transformation and statistical analysis across a portfolio of projects to ensure robust data standards, efficient scientific data analysis and reporting.
- Lead statistical analysis for studies across functional areas.
- Leading activities for development, maintenance and implementation of internal data standards and processes to ensure efficiency and traceability of data.
- Providing statistical analysis and experimental design support across certain Sciences that includes clinical, pre-clinical and analytical chemistry data.
- Contribute to data review and preparation to meet claims requirements and regulatory submissions.
- Support projects with regards to study design and end-to-end data management to ensure consistency and traceability.
- Provide SAS programming to support above tasks.
- Ability to drive collaborative efforts cross-functionally and externally with outsourced vendors.
- Key representative in interactions with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams across Sciences and the R&D community and the wider business to ensure project delivery.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Solid grounding in the application of statistical methods and data analysis.
- Good working knowledge of data standards principles with emphasis on CDISC (STDM / ADaM).
- Proficient in SAS Base Programming.
- Proactive with strong interpersonal skills and ability to prioritise and organize tasks.
- Good communication/interpersonal skills.
- Cross functional working and leading projects to deliver on time in full.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mathematics/Computing, Statistics, Biomedical Sciences, Life Sciences etc. with high data analytical content.
- Thorough understanding of Analysis of Variance methods and awareness of modelling techniques.