Cloud Solutions Architect - AWS or Azure - Warsaw
Please Note: My client are still conducting interviews and on-boarding employees remotely during COVID-19. They are also accepting applications from suitable candidates across Europe who are looking to relocate once it is safe to do so.
Salary: 18,000 - 26,000 PLN GROSS/month, plus car allowance, excellent bonus and extensive benefits package
We are working on behalf of a global leader in the FMCG space who are seeking a Cloud Solutions Architect to join their Warsaw based team. This individual will be tasked with delivering hands-on, business-oriented strategic and technical consulting on cloud transformation journey around cloud infrastructure, automation solutions and solution architecture.
This global position is part of a team that develops, deploys and transitions these solutions, working closely with global partners, as well as technical and non-technical functions across Poland and further afield.
- Work closely with project teams to ensure the design and delivery meets the project needs, documentation is accurate, and the solution is suitable, sometimes within tight timescales
- Engage with stakeholders to understand project objectives, interpret the security requirements and ensure that the solution on the cloud is in line with the risk appetite and strategic vision
- Ensure appropriate solution design documentation is produced as a recognised set of deliverables that are consistent to the solution
- Provide subject matter expertise, advisory and consulting services on Cloud technologies as needed to project delivery teams
- Work closely with the Product Manager to understand the problems, evaluate technical feasibility and develop solution designs
- Whiteboard and drive architecture and security discussions on cloud initiatives
- Drive DevOps culture and build CI/CD pipeline using industry standards and tools
- Participate in the design, implementation and management of workload automation initiatives
- Enterprise Architecture - ensure solutions are fit for purpose and aligned to agreed architectures
- Project resources - Ensure quality, coordinate resources and provide assistance, coaching and advice on management approach, control and completion of products
- 3rd Party Vendors - non-commercial supplier relationships focused on innovation / project activities / operations
- IT Standards & Governance - collaborate to ensure effective application of standard processes
- End markets / factories, Business reps, and Center of Excellence - identify areas of innovation, encourage collaboration, deliver solutions on global scale
- Services / Dev Ops teams - ensure solutions can be operated and updated efficiently and cost effective
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Strong experience architecting, designing, developing and implementing medium and enterprise level cloud solutions on Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Good understanding of industry and competitive landscapes and platforms
- Good experience securing and monitoring Cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS/hybrid, containers, serverless, etc.) environments (applications, infrastructure, operations, processes, etc)
- Demonstrable experience in architecture and engineering principles (e.g.TOGAF) and general information security management
- Able to produce pragmatic, programmatic (where possible) forward thinking security controls
- Exposure into VMware vCloud, Storage, Linux/Windows, Networking and Management technologies
- Experience with DevOps concepts such as Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD tools and processes
- Good knowledge of Azure / AWS IaaS (VMs, VNET, NSG Rules, VPN Gateways and Express Route)
- Creative person who has developed innovative approaches to developing solutions
- Microsoft Azure and/or AWS Cloud or Security certifications are nice to have
- Has an engaging personality and is a great team player
- Experience working in agile projects and a cost-conscious approach
If you are interested in this role, please apply in the first instance with an up-to-date copy of your CV.