New Categories - Corporate & Indirect Tax Accounta
about 1 year ago
Corporate & Indirect Tax Accountant -Global Leading Organisation - 3 Month
Our client is a leading international organisation, using technology and innovation to reinvent a global industry. We are looking for a Corporate & Indirect Tax Accountant to join this exciting journey on a 3-month contract basis (inside IR35).The role is required to support accounting and controls surrounding corporate tax and indirect taxes including but not limited to VAT, customs duties and withholding tax to ensure accurate and timely accounting, balance sheet reconciliations, tax payments and other reporting and compliance requirements. This role covers all corporate and indirect tax requirements for all legal entities across New Categories and various VAT registered territories.
Job purpose and deliverables
- To perform monthly and quarterly VAT balance sheet reconciliation to fully support month end balance and fully reconciled to VAT returns for the period under review. Work closely with indirect tax team to ensure that all irrecoverable VAT are charged to the P&L in a correct period.
- To ensure duty down payments for supply chain hub and UK import duties paid to freight forwarder are approved and paid in timely manner with adequate supporting back up properly retained. Carry out monthly P&L allocation of down payments utilised to respective end market cost centres and complete monthly reconciliation of down payment balance on the balance sheet.
- To ensure monthly accruals and quarterly recharge of duty deferment paid on behalf by intercompany are carried out accordingly. To perform duty deferment accounting once New Category set up its own duty deferment account and ensure payment and duty expenses are posted monthly and accurately.
- Work closely with the corporate tax team to ensure yearly corporate tax return preparation and carried out and queries are answered in a timely manner.
- To review all corporate and indirect tax general ledger accounts monthly to ensure that all necessary charges are allocated to the P&L and to the correct cost centres.
- To forecast working capital requirement and balance sheet account for duties.
- Other reporting requirements:
- Annual country by country reporting
- Annual tax senior accounting officer sign off
- Degree educated with part qualified professional accountancy qualification (i.e.CA/ACCA/CIMA).
- A good understanding of group and corporate finance principles
- Experience of balance sheet reconciliations, forecasting and analysis;
- Ability to manage a high volume of data and present in a simple, organised, innovative and impactful way using all current systems to simplify and automate information management. i.e. SAP/ BI/BPC.
- BPC/SAP experience
- Understanding of indirect taxes will be an added advantage
- Ability to prioritise and is resilient.
- Ability to identify process and reporting improvements and proactively implement solutions.
- Ability to work independently managing stakeholders across a wide range of location and markets.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills are required to influence and challenge.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with all stakeholders and is a team player.