Corporate Finance Accountant - Global Organisation
about 1 year ago
Corporate Finance Accountant
Our client is a leading international organisation, using technology and innovation to reinvent a global industry. We are looking for a Corporate & Indirect Tax Accountant to join this exciting journey on a 3-month contract basis (inside IR35).The role is required to support accounting, reconciliation and reporting of statutory income statements, balance sheet and cashflow.
- To carry out month end task in line with month end timetable including:
- Income statement reallocation.
- Prepayment releases and reconciliation.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Work with GL to ensure cash allocations from bank shadow accounts.
- Review of accounts classifications.
- Assist in reviewing and investigating P&L and balance sheet balances and providing variance analysis as appropriate
- Statutory accounting and audit:
- To assist in completing half year and year end disclosure schedules
- To assist in producing any required audit files both from a Group perspective and local statutory perspective.
- To take responsibility for production of certain notes within the statutory accounting process.
- To work on the creation of a parallel ledger for the new categories’ companies.
- To ensure Purchase to Pay controls are in place and effective including SOx controls:
- Monthly GRIR review and reporting, appropriate approvals for aged items are obtained in a timely manner
- Monthly distribution and follow up on VIM report to ensure aged items are investigated and resolved
- Bi-annual distribution and compilation of VIM report and Open/Inactive PO reports and VIM cut off review at half year and year end
- Bi-weekly strategic vendor reconciliation to supplier statement for both internal and external vendors to ensure aged and discrepancies are cleared
- To assist and work closely with Controls Manager to review duplicate vendors, vendor master data, exceptions reporting etc
- To perform monthly review of accounts receivable and payable including:
- Investigating intercompany mismatches and resolution.
- Monitoring AP and AR balances to ensure proper classifications and aged, unusual debit and credit balances are investigated and resolved.
- External report including:
- Timely submission of Office of National Statistics (ONS) reporting
- Bi-annual Payment Practice Reporting (PPR) submission
- Degree educated with part qualified professional accountancy qualification (i.e.CA/ACCA/CIMA).
- A good understanding of group and corporate finance principles
- Experience of balance sheet reconciliations, forecasting and analysis.
- Ability to manage a high volume of data and present in a simple, organised, innovative and impactful way using all current systems to simplify and automate information management. i.e., SAP/ BI/BPC.
- BPC/SAP experience
- Ability to prioritise and is resilient.
- Ability to identify process and reporting improvements and proactively implement solutions.
- Ability to work independently managing stakeholders across a wide range of location and markets.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills are required to influence and challenge.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with all stakeholders and is a team player.