Data Steward - 12 Months
about 1 month ago
12 Months +
On behalf of a Global Leader we are currently looking for a Data Standard Specialist to join the partner on a long term contract (12 Months+) remotely.
The Data Standards Specialist will provide guidance on the distinction between data used within a specific team and data than can be reused / re-applied across the wider organisation. The Data Standards Specialist will understand the landscape of IT Services, Networks etc, business needs and the value to the organisation.
The Data Standards Specialist will;
- Set terms and definitions for R&D data attributes (content and metadata) with focus on data integration.
- Share data standards within the organisation (via embedded data stewards).
- Fulfil the role as manager of metadata and associated improvements (development, planning and rollout).
- Mediate between embedded group data stewards to draw up unified R&D definitions of terms.
- Set standards for data quality, and actively contribute to improving data quality.
- Initiate data profiling and data cleansing projects for improving data quality.
- Actively promote data use and document improvements across R&D and the wider business.
- Aggregate updates required by R&D teams (related to metadata and content) to a consistent data model.
- Direct and act on data quality issues with relevant business and service executives.
- Ideally background in natural sciences (e.g. biology, chemistry) or data-science related (statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering).
- Experience with data management principles, setting and implementing data standards, managing metadata, data quality and data stewardship best practices.
- Experience as a data manager preferably in a multinational company (consumer goods, pharma) dealing with biological data.
- Knowledge of data architecture concepts such as data models, databases, data warehouses etc.
- Familiarity with core IT systems (e.g. Azure, SQL, or PowerBI).
- Good technical understanding of R&D concepts and how biological/chemical data is used.
- Experience of working independently and to a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Technical / Functional Skills Required
- Experience with a Data Catalogue tool.
- Experience in managing data from variety of sources
- Experience in executing the policies and standards established by the data governance board
- Knowledge of availability of the data sets from the open market and open source which can be deployed.
- Experience of implementing international data standards.
- Knowledge of in Self Service business analytics tools like PowerBI and Tableau
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of existing, new and emerging technologies that enable and drive new business.