almost 3 years ago
The Roleis to join a team responsible for the operational support and maintenance of a number of environments including Development, Integration and Pre-Production. In addition, the role will provide 3rd/4thline support for the Live environment.Candidates should have an in-depth knowledge of a wide range of technologies so they can advise and assist with support issues and impact and deliver changes when needed.
They should demonstrate an understanding of the system lifecycle process including how to take changes through process to Test and Release. Good team communication and co-ordination skills are essential as is the ability to prioritise tasks.The role will be based in Basingstoke but there will be a requirement to visit other sites when required.
- Build and configuration of software and hardware in a locked-down environment, on workstations and servers, following designs and build guides.
- Daily, weekly and monthly checks of the environments as per agreed schedules in order to maintain system availability, performance and capacity.
- Deployment of daily AV updates and monthly security patches across all environments.
- Management of system backups and restores.
- Assessing the technical impact of any proposed changes.
- Deployment of changes through the system lifecycle from Development through to Live following the agreed Test and Release processes.
- Support of testing activities to achieve product/system release within task timescales.
Mandatory Skills Required:
* Installation, configuration and manipulation of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Open source platforms.
* Ability to package and distribute software
* A solid and demonstrable understanding of Active Directory configuration.
* A solid and demonstrable understanding of Group Policy.
* Highly specialised in virtualisation offerings.
* Installation and configuration of Server Databases.
* Strong scripting skills
*The candidate will be required to hold the relevant level of clearance required by the project or be eligible to obtain the required clearance - DV Clearance
Desirable Skills Required:
* Customer facing experience
* Specialist skills in particular areas of integration technology.
* Excellent communication/reporting skills.