Sourcing Manager - Direct Materials
4 months ago
6 Months +
On behalf of a Global Leader we are currently looking for a Global Sourcing Manager to join remotely for an initial 6 Month Contract.
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
The Global Sourcing Manager is responsible for the execution of the global category ‘Sourcing to Contract’ strategy, specifically:
- Source to contract (sourcing plan, tender, negotiate and contract)
- Spend and compliance reporting
- Commercial risk management
- Contract Management
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Peer group or market network build
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
Delivering the sourcing strategy as part of the category strategy and ensuring delivery of defined key business targets and supporting key escalations of the business through a defined supplier management programme.
- Detailed knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a geographic / global level
- In-depth category knowledge andproven capability of applying supplier management techniques to deliver added value benefits in addition to contracted benefits
- Expertise in successful development of complex, multi-country contracts and agreements
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers
- Full understanding of the category total cost model, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement for the partner (including specification and testing requirements)
- Understanding of the processes, timelines and constraints for the development and delivery of new products.
- Experience in managing complex globaland areaprojects andprogrammesto improve performance and deliver service
- Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective group contract.
- Experience in managing large scale, cross-country projects and programs to improve performance and deliver service