3 months ago
6 months +
Global Sourcing Manager - Logistics
A top global organization is looking for Sourcing Manager to support the logistics side of the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for execution of sourcing strategies
- Lead global and geographic contract negotiations
- Lead global and geographic supplier management
- Provide ‘Centre of Excellence’ Logistics expert knowledge support
- To ensure the category sourcing and contract (s) meet the business requirements
- To apply global standards, policies, standards and platforms and to deliver robust terms and conditions
- To drive and facilitate “source to contract” for specific categories
- To manage negotiation and supplier selection
- To apply the agreed global policies, standards and platforms
- To capture and report on compliance using the agreed compliance platform and escalate through relevant route
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate.
- To own commercial supply base management building strong internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of the category goals.
- To facilitate the creation of supplier SLA’s and performance check-points
- To effectively utilise the basket of e-tools available to drive the maximum savings delivery for each sourcing event.
- To align and influence both procurement and functional teams at a global and local level to integrate their collective value delivery for all sourcing events
- Detailed knowledge of logistics supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a geographic / global level.
- Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques
- Experience in successful development of complex, mulit-country contracts and agreements
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers
- Logistics and/or Operations experience, either gained working within the function and/or as specialist logistics lead within procurement, demonstrating three years of experience, preferably (whole or part) in an end market
- Understanding of the processes, timelines and constraints for the development and delivery of new products
- Professional knowledge of procurement principals, including high order negotiation skills
- Understands logistics cost drivers for contract logistics and all transportation modes
- High level of commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills