Global Sourcing Manager – Mechanical
about 3 years ago
4 months (+)
Global Sourcing Manager - Mechanical Categories, Injection Moulding, Plastics, Metals
An exciting opportunity has opened in a top global organisation who are looking for Global Sourcing Manager to join the Global Procurement team.
- Responsible for execution of sourcing strategies
- Lead global and geographic sourcing plans and execution
- Lead global and geographic contract negotiations
- Lead global and geographic supplier management
- Support local sourcing activities, where required.
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate
- To own commercial supply base management building strong internal and external business relationships
- To facilitate the creation of supplier SLA’s and performance check-points
- To identify new products and services that may impact on sourcing execution
- To have clear ownership of the shared savings target agreed with function, for both P&L and Working Capital savings and the individual responsibility to directly contribute and/or influence PBM’s and sourcing managers, to maximize delivery to overall category targets
- To align and influence both procurement and functional teams at a global and local level
- Chinese sourcing experience with a detailed knowledge of the hardware market including plastic injection moulding, metal pressing and forming, extrusion, precision machining, cosmetic finishing and associated tooling.
- Detailed knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a geographic / global level
- Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques
- South East Asia including China sourcing experience with a detailed knowledge of the category and have experience in tooling commissioning and transfers.
- Experience in successful development contracts and agreements. This should include experience in tooling development programs.
- Full understanding of the category total cost model, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement.
- Understanding of the processes, timelines and constraints for the development and delivery of new products
- Experience in managing above market projects and programmes to improve performance and deliver service
- Professional knowledge of procurement principals, including high order negotiation skills
- Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective group contracts
- Understands the dynamics of sourcing management at a global level