GSM - New Categories
11 days ago
12 Months +
On behalf of a Global Leader we are currently looking for a Global Sourcing Manager to join them on an initial 12 Month Contract.
They are looking for the Global Sourcing Manager to support the New Categories Function. This will be managing New Product Development projects from supplier selection through their procurement sourcing process through to project and product cost negotiation and management including all contractual requirements. Attention to detail and strong stakeholder management is high on the agenda.
- Responsible for execution of sourcing strategies
- Lead global and geographic sourcing plans and execution to facilitate the delivery of the New Categories product pipeline. Align and validate plans with NPD Ops teams
- Lead global and geographic contract negotiations, including Project Briefs
- Lead global and geographic supplier management and drive geographic continuous improvement initiatives with suppliers
- To ensure the category sourcing and contract (s) meet the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
- To apply global standards, policies, standards and platforms and to deliver robust terms and conditions that manages the partners service delivery and commercial risk.
- To drive and facilitate “source to contract” for specific categories. This includes the resolution of any contracts related issues and may include one-off spend items.
- To manage negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of the category strategies and sourcing strategies.
- To apply the agreed global policies, standards and platforms.
- To capture and report on compliance using the agreed compliance platform and escalate through relevant route
- Negotiation project development costs with preferred suppliers
- Provide information on negotiation results in a timely manner to the Category Managers.
- Provide detailed cost analysis on product cost throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Engage cross functional CoE Procurement colleagues to deliver product should cost analysis.
- To own development supplier management building strong internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of the category goals.
- To facilitate the creation of supplier KPI’s and performance check-points. Manage and resolve contractual performance issues and escalate where required.
- To review and update sourcing plans on a periodic basis in alignment with the release of new updated category strategies.
- Manage and deliver new supplier on-boarding and engagements on project related activities.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills and influencing skills: able to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract.
- Strong numerical ability.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships working across geographic boundaries.
- A focus on service delivery and savings.
- Experience in the area of new development projects (end to end)
- Experience in project management principles and processes
- Experience in the contract manufacturing
- Experience in the electronic consumer good industry
- Experience in ODM/EMS industry
- Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or membership would be an advantage