Global Sourcing Manager - Electronics
10 days ago
On behalf of a Global Leader we are currently looking for a Global Sourcing Manager to join our partner remotely for an initial 3 Months with a strong possibility of further extensions.
The Global Sourcing Manager will manage NPD (New Product Development) projects and ensure the right strategic suppliers are selected by following their procurement sourcing process. Attention to detail and strong stakeholder management is high on the agenda.
- Responsible for execution of sourcing strategies
- Lead global and geographic sourcing plans and execution - liaise with Geographic Head of Procurement and Procurement Business Managers to align and validate plans with end market
- Lead global and geographic contract negotiations
- Lead global and geographic supplier management and drive geographic continuous improvement initiatives with suppliers
- Support local sourcing activities, where required
- To ensure the category sourcing and contract (s) meet the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
- To apply global standards, policies, standards and platforms and to deliver robust terms and conditions that manages the partners service delivery and commercial risk.
- To drive and facilitate “source to contract” for specific categories. This includes the resolution of any contracts related issues and may include one-off spend items.
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- To manage negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of the category strategies and sourcing strategies.
- To apply the agreed global policies, standards and platforms.
- To capture and report on compliance using the agreed compliance platform and escalate through relevant route
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate.
- Provide information on negotiation results (all specs/grades, clear duration, validity for orders or deliveries) in a timely manner to the Category Managers.
- To own commercial supply base management building strong internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of the category goals.
- To facilitate the creation of supplier SLA’s and performance check-points. Manage and resolve contractual performance issues and escalate where required.
- To identify new products and services that may impact on sourcing execution and escalate to the Category Manager.
- To review and update sourcing plans on a periodic basis in alignment with the release of new updated category strategies.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills and influencing skills: able to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract.
- Strong numerical ability.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships working across geographic boundaries.
- A focus on service delivery and savings.
- Experience in the area of new development projects (end to end)
- Experience in the electronic consumer good industry
- Experience in the contract manufacturing
- Experience in the Electronics component market including:
- Relationships with component manufacturers
- Knowledge of the component distribution market
- Knowledge of the component Broker market
- Experience in ODM/EMS industry
- Understanding of the end to end Semi-conductor manufacturing process