Global Sourcing Manager / Global FTSE100 Organisation
A leading FMCG Organisation is currently looking for a Global Sourcing Manager toJoin their Operations & Procurement Team be responsible for the execution of global category “Sourcing to Contract”.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills and influencing skills: able to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract.
- Strong numerical ability.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships working across geographic boundaries.
- A focus on service delivery and savings.
- Detailed knowledge of the packaging supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a geographic / global level.
- Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to deliver added value benefits in addition to contracted benefits.
- Experience in successful development of complex, mulit-country contracts and agreements.
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Full understanding of the category total cost model, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement for BAT (including specification and testing requirements).
- Understanding of the processes, timelines and constraints for the development and delivery of new products.
- Experience in managing complex global projects and programmes to improve performance and deliver service.
- Professional knowledge of procurement principals, including high order negotiation skills.
- Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective group contracts.
- Experience of sourcing at an above market / geographic level for a period of 3-4+ years minimum.
- Understands the dynamics of sourcing management at a global level.
- Relevant business qualification.
- CIPS Corporate Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of The Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or membership would be an advantage to the position.
- Drives the road map for direct material sourcing in identifying, evaluating, negotiating and integrating a variety of global data sources/services within companies packaging space.
- Develops strong relationships with key stakeholders and with key providers in current and future markets.
- Acts as a trusted business advisor providing thought leadership and consistent customer service whilst delivering qualitative and quantitative value to the organization.
- Provides subject matter advise to internal and external stakeholder groups addressing current/future business needs demonstrating marketplace knowledge.
- Leads and influences stakeholder groups with sound and articulate business case recommendations (i.e. build vs buy strategy) with quantifiable financial benefits.