Head of Enterprise - Malaysia
7 months ago
On behalf of a Global Leader Clement May are currently looking for a Head of Enterprise Platforms to join on a permanent basis in Kuala Lumpur / Malaysia.
The Head of Enterprise Platforms will lead the recently formed Enterprise Platform CoE. The role is placed within the Information & Digital Team to be a driving force for transformation.
* Define overall Enterprise Platforms CoE strategy and delivery model
* Partner with the business, functional, and IT organizations on understanding the vision and roadmap, align on demand and drive capacity plans and execution
* Define organization to drive Enterprise Platforms delivery excellence
* Drive standards, best practices, and consistent delivery processes leveraging dev/ops, agile and factory models with a continuous improvement mindset and approach
* Effectively evaluate, organize, drive focus, organization health, and motivate employees
* Lead organization in an effective manner (hiring, motivation, retention, performance/rewards assessments, development/corrective actions etc.)
* Grow critical functional expertise to enable high quality delivery and efficiency
* Drive strategic resource planning and optimization, estimations, capacity planning
* Support the development of the Enterprise Platforms technology & services strategy with the Head of IDT Services
* Drive digital & technology innovation with a focus on migrating templates to platforms to derive commercial value
* Develop, grow and manage strategic supplier partnerships (system integrators, software, etc.)
* Drive dev/ops and application development factory model (offshore model) to drive organization efficiencies and talent development
* Ensure 100% compliance with all regulatory [Sarbanes Oxley] and security requirements associated with Enterprise Platforms application implementation
* Support the Head of Data, Reporting & Analytics to execute the data governance model (not embedded in the Enterprise Platform CoE)
* Participate in and lead certain program steering committees as well as drive program governance
* Responsible for maintaining solution integrity through the course of the projects including controlling scope, managing solutions for change requests and clarifying solution capabilities during all delivery phases, drive process standardization
* Support and comply with IT Systems Management (ITSM) processes and metrics (i.e. problem management, change management, configuration management, escalation management, release management, etc.).
* Participates in ITSM services negotiations and agreements that result in the creation of Service Level Agreements
* Establish metrics, goals and objectives; report department accomplishments and plans on a regular basis
* Develop and manage financial operating and capital budgets; perform monthly budget variance analysis; initiate appropriate corrective action when needed to control costs
* Drive continuous improvement and process simplification
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
* Experience of leading a SAP CoE or Enterprise Platform CoE
* 10+ years' experience in SAP ERP which include 5 years of managing a global, diverse ERP teams and outsourced services
* 5 - 10 years of large project / programme implementation
* Experience of managing a team of 30+ staff
* Ability to develop and execute strategy at a global level
* Ability to communicate complex subjects effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
* Ability to deliver benefits of global scale - achieve optimal balance between cost and quality
* Clear vision and compelling leadership to be a leader in a large, global organisation
* Extract maximum value from global sourcing partners
* Experience of having driven digital & technology innovation via large templates to derive commercial value
* Obtain top level business and IT commitment to the value of the end to end IT delivery organisation
* Develop organisational capability (people, processes, technology, knowledge)
* Broad based IT and business experience
* Considerable global change management experience with advanced stakeholder and risk management skills.
* Experience of directing, leading, influencing and operating in a complex geographical / functional matrix organization.
* Ability to lead, motivate and manage a diverse team of senior IT managers
* c.15+ years post graduate work experience, including at least 10 working at a senior management/executive level in a blue-chip consultancy and/or FTSE100 equivalent organization.
* Degree qualified and potentially a post graduate qualification such as MBA, Masters or equivalent.
* Intimate knowledge and experience of world class IT Organisations
* Strong Leadership and influencing skills essential