Group Infrastructure and Technology Manager
0207 251 7322
over 3 years ago
12 Month FTC
On behalf of a Leading Partner in the UK Clement May are currently searching for an Interim Group Infrastructure and Technology Manager to join the partner for a Fixed Term Contract of 1 year.
The purpose of this role is to drive the delivery of digital transformation across the Group and to effectively govern and manage the technical and infrastructure services ensuring that they meet the requirements of their customers, on a day-to-day basis and in the long-term. The post holder will build solid working relationships across the business and will continually identify and explore opportunities for collaboration in order to deliver cost effective solutions and innovative technologies that support delivery of the Groups ambitions.
The Group Infrastructure and Technology Manager will be accountable for leading and managing the delivery of the Groups infrastructure services and for defining, in collaboration with the business, best practice frameworks, guidelines and policies that determine our standard ways of working, which facilitate integration and safeguard their estate. The post holder will manage adherence to guidelines and policies for the services that are directly within their control and will govern adherence ensuring that any potential risks to the Group are minimized.
Key deliverables include, but are not limited to, a strategic short and long-term infrastructure and technology roadmap, best practice standards and policies, key performance indicator reports and detailed technical architecture designs.
Role Specific Responsibilities
Strategy and Planning
- Define the Group's Digital Strategy and short and long-term roadmap for the effective delivery
of Services in line with the Group's current and future capacity requirements.
- Ensure the objectives and strategies for the technical and infrastructure services ie. computers,
peripheral devices, telecommunications, servers, data centers and cloud services, are aligned
with the Group's objectives.
- In line with the Group's requirements, work with internal teams to plan short and long term
- Partner and collaborate with all subsidiaries to define and adopt best practice service delivery
and safeguard the Groups infrastructure estate.
- Partner and collaborate with all subsidiaries to explore ways to leverage activities to deliver cost
effective IT services across the Group.
- Proactively explore ways to share knowledge and collaborate with the subsidiaries to reduce the
total cost of ownership of the Group IT Services estate.
- Scan the IT landscape for new/innovative technology and collaborate with the business
functions and ITS Managers as to if or how new/innovative technology can be leveraged as an
enabler within the Group to add value and/or improve service delivery.
- Document, with support from subsidiary IT Leads, the Group's frameworks, guidelines, policies
and quality acceptance criteria that define standard ways of working.
- Manage and monitor cyber security at the Group level to ensure that the Group is protected and
not exposed to any unnecessary risk, ensuring cyber-attacks are minimized and dealt with
immediately and effectively.
- Manage and monitor the security of all Services, ensuring compliance with legal or regulatory
requirements, and oversee the security measures for the Services controlled by the subsidiaries.
- Design and plan the installation of Services, leveraging agile delivery methodologies, and ensure
any business disruption is kept to a minimum.
- Manage all services, computers, peripheral devices, telecommunications, servers, internet and
data centers, ensuring effective operations 24x7x365 to support workforce productivity.
- Support and follow the change management process to ensure that all stakeholders are
aware of and can impact assess any pending changes to services.
- Ensure all technical architecture, service catalogue, operational procedures and swim-lane
process flow documentation regarding the infrastructure services landscape is maintained and
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Manage the utilization of service resources efficiently and effectively, promoting the re-use of
technologies wherever possible.
- Build strong business relationships with 3rd party vendors, which foster open communications.
- Own and manage the delivery of Services provided by 3rd party vendors, ensuring they meet
our Services Quality Acceptance Criteria. Build up an external network in order to track what
other organizations are doing.
- Lead by example, manage and motivate the team and seek to continuously enhance
performance in line with business objectives.
- Define clear team objectives and strategy and ensure that these are clearly translated into the
team's delivery plans, personal objectives and key result areas.
- Ensure performance and development reviews and regular one to one meetings are undertaken
with team members and provide feedback, coaching and support to individuals / teams, as
- Ensure that learning and development needs are met so that team members have the
opportunity to reach their full potential and are equipped with the skills and knowledge
required to perform their roles effectively.
- Leadership and strong management skills, including project management, financial management
and change management.
- Ability to see the big picture, think strategically and translate concepts into tangible results.
- Strong activity schedule planning, governance and delivery skills, ensuring all team members are
clear about what is expected of them.
- Ability to communicate complex IT scenarios and challenges to stakeholders effectively and
present sound and well-reasoned arguments that influence.
- Customer focused with the ability to building and maintain strong and collaborative
relationships with the business and other key stakeholders
- Strong planning, governance and delivery skills with the ability to set team goals, objectives and
priorities, establishing clear roles and responsibilities for all direct reports.
- Ability to lead and manage direct reports through effective appraisal, coaching and performance