IT Operations Specialist (17445)
about 2 years ago
9 Months +
On behalf of a Global Leader, Clement May are currently seeking an IT Operations Specialist for Business Critical Applications based in Gdynia for an initial 9 month contract.
This work may require being a part of on-call rotation. Work is done mostly during normal working hours but occasionally over time may be needed, e.g. if deploying changes to production outside normal working hours.
What you'll be doing:
* When deploying fixes, preventive changes or minor enhancements, you check that the developers and testers have prepared the change, you plan and schedule the deployment steps and you coordinate the actual deployment and verify that the deployment was successful.
* When a new application or a major upgrade is needed, you will be co-operating with development project. You will review requirements and designs to make sure that they will result in easy to maintain solution, receive training and documentation, contribute to go-live rehearsals and in the deployment and, finally, take responsibility of running the production
* When a production incident occurs: You will collect system logs, monitoring data and other information, you will estimate the impact, invoke more support staff if needed, propose solutions and verify that the IT service has been recovered and restored.
* Continuously improving the IT service that we provide: You participate in root cause analysis meeting after incidents and propose preventive measures to avoid recurrance, you identify ways to improve production stability or efficiency and you participate in discussions on how we can improve our tools, processes and daily practices.
Your profile and background:
* You have a formal degree in Information Technology or several years of equivalent work experience.
* You have good working knowledge of how IT systems are deployed and how monitoring and logging is used when running critical systems in production.
* You are experienced in incident handling, problem management and change management; preferably using ITIL framework
* You are familiar with some of the infrastructure or middleware technologies that our applications use such as Weblogic, SQL databases, Oracle Service Bus, IBM Message Queue and Linux. You will not be running or maintaining these technologies in production but you will be working with people who do. (Nice-to-have quality but not mandatory).