Lead Enterprise Management Architect
0207 251 7322
about 3 years ago
On behalf of a Global Leader, Clement May are currently searching for an experienced Lead Enterprise Management Architect to join the partner on a permanent basis in Basingstoke.
The role holder will typically take sole responsibility for Service Management Tools design and costing during a bid, but may manage a small architecture design team.They are a competent design authority on larger or more complex solutions, demonstrating an understanding of the customers' business, commercial and security issues.They identify, design and deliver larger or more complex service tools architectures, strategies and specific solutions.
Solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of incident logging) are met, any requirements which are not fully met, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. Solutions will include details of the tools, the cost of the licences and the necessary infrastructure to support them. They will provide comprehensive guidance on the installation and configuration of solution components to ensure that they take account of and are compatible with relevant strategies, policies, standards and practices that exist for the partner and the customer.
- Defines major technical projects for customers or the partner, influencing their view ofacceptable investment level.
- Determines strategies, architectures and proposals.
- Shapes technical proposals to be acceptable to the customer and may make solution/service trade-offs.
- May manage a large design team, defining the approach to larger/more complex solution development and acceptance testing, and identifying strategic level risks and remedies.
- Determines the approach to whole classes of business, leading and influencing others in the development of new offerings.
- Works with customers to understand their business strategy and develop IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of their business.
- Manages a team to agree customer requirements and produce the design, setting high level criteria for the design of major solutions and exercising design control over the implementation.
- Communicates the impact of emerging technologies on customer and the partners business to senior level customers and the partners businesses.
- Shares knowledge with colleagues and makes useful additions to the partners knowledge base.
- The candidate will be required to hold the relevant level of clearance required by the project or be eligible to obtain the required clearance -SCclearance, as a minimum.
- Experience of service management tools design and implementation for major IT systems.
- A detailed knowledge of service delivery tools and the associated infrastructure with strong operational understanding of IT operations, service management and service reporting.
- Self-motivating, objective setting, and with strong negotiating skills.
- Client-facing skills at senior-level discussion, with the ability to communicate ideas to senior executives.
- The ability to express a pragmatic and thorough design, taking into account any conflicting priorities of the business or Customer.
- The ability to write coherent, concise, and readable technical documentation, cost models and implementation plans.
- The ability to hold a large and diverse design team to a single agreed approach, and to ensure that there are no gaps between the various components.
- Qualification in or experience with Microsoft System Centre, CA Service Desk and automation tools
- Qualification in or experience with Windows Server, Linux Server, VMWare and SQL databases
- Experience of cost modelling and planning toolset implementations
- Experience of writing bid proposals and presenting solutions to customers
- Experience documenting High Level Designs, Low Level Designs and implementation guides