3 months ago
Media Relations Manager
A top global organization is looking for a Media Relations Manager with a proven track record in media management, multi-channel media campaigns and issues handling.
This is a wide-ranging role, covering both proactive and reactive media relations and external communications.
Accountabilities will include the below amongst others:
- As one of the media spokespeople for the company, you will be one of the primary day-to-day points of contact for the media
- You will be involved in the end-to end handling of incoming media enquiries, including developing statements and positions, advising the company on how each enquiry should be handled for the best outcome, and briefing journalists
- You will get involved in supporting proactive media communications and campaigns, from planning to execution and evaluation
- You will also play a key role in the delivery of media communications in financial calendar
- You will work with external PR agencies and be expected to provide clear briefs, oversee projects from start to finish
- Support comms colleagues in global end markets, providing support and counsel, where required, to help inform their external communications.
Skills and experience required:
- Strong experience in a PR agency or in a media-facing role inhouse, ideally with experience of working in highly regulated industries.
- Global brand experience is a must - from both inhouse or agency background
- Hands on experience dealing with the media. You have excellent media contacts, in particular with UK national / international business media, consumer affairs and news desks.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing impactful media campaigns to UK national and international media.
- Excellent issues and crisis management experience.
- Excellent writing skills - you must be flexible in your style and be able to turn around copy quickly and accurately.
- Ability to harness and create content for social media to augment our traditional media relations activities to ensure messages get through to the right audience.
- Strong presentation and stakeholder management experience is a must