Senior Electronics Engineer - Global FTSE Organisation
This role is responsible to lead the electronics engineering and heating, heating element and relevant system technology and functionality development for heating products in the NC Engineering Department.
Key activities include:
- Inductive Heating technology lead for the new product concepts.
- Investigate new methods to design inductive heating systems, alternative new heating technologies and new product developments in NC markets
- System Design Specification - work with necessary stakeholders and prepare system requirements specification including hardware and software.
- System Functional and Non-Functional Analysis - carry out a range of analysis and investigations to create the user stories and theoretical operation of the system/product.
- Evaluate new system design concepts. Propose new and different methods and processes to achieve product performance.
- Assist project manager with project schedule development and milestone definition.
- Lead internal teams and / or development partners to define the expected system functionality and performance targets.
- Assist internal teams and / or development partners with product realization activities.
- Provide operations and sourcing with documentation and process development assistance to produce the product as developed.
- Function as a member of the devices development forum
- Liaise with cross category architecture teams to maintain alignment with the specified programs, as well as electrical and physical architecture.
- Working with our internal teams and / or development partners, create functional designs, demonstrating how the system satisfies the defined customer requirements.
- Product Verification and Validation - design and develop system integration plan and tests
- Lead System Integration and test as needed (EVT & DVT)
- Lead cross-functional technical and design reviews on the products
- Responsible for product documentation from initial proposals through first production release
- Assist with production and field failure analysis as required
- Actively engage in sharing lessons learned and best practices with the broader organization
- Adhere to the defined engineering processes for product development
- Hands on design and testing experiences on inductive systems, high voltage transformers and inductors.
- Working knowledge of heating systems, materials and physics
- Working knowledge of mass-produced product development
- Working knowledge of electrical design and simulation tools inductive systems, high voltage transformers and inductors.
- Knowledge and understanding of product development processes
- Working knowledge of international safety standards for consumer electronics products
- MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, excel, and word
- Fluent in Altium and CAD software use, thermal simulation capabilities as a plus
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanics, Physics or Electrical engineering field,
- 7+ years of experience in relevant product development and design (inductive systems, high voltage transformers, inductors or similar field).
- Previous experience in Requirements creation and / or product verification testing
- Previous experience working as a member of a development team
- Previous experience launching a consumer electronic product into volume production
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience developing battery powered consumer electronics devices
- Worked for large OEM or EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services), company in design and development