Senior Safety Engineer - EbeNi
0207 251 7322
about 2 years ago
On behalf of a Leading Partner, Clement May are currently seeking a Senior Safety Engineer (Nuclear) for a position based in their office based in Wiltshire.
The partner is looking for professional, inspirational and dedicated Safety Engineers who are capable of providing knowledge and ideas into their experienced and innovative Engineering Team. There are opportunities to manage or contribute to programmes through many areas of expertise ranging from system specialism to operations and covering all aspects of safety case authorship, development, analysis, management, reporting and certification. There is also the opportunity to help with the creation and development of a new Business Unit that would focus on the Nuclear market.
A successful candidate will have 8+ years engineering experience including Lead Safety case authorship, functional Safety Engineering, development of Safety Plans, and generation of work compliant with the principals of Safety Engineering principles. In addition, they will have excellent communication skills and be a cooperative team player. They will report directly to the Project and Technical Managers and support other business functions as required as part of the role.
- Leading tasks and managing smaller projects while undertaking Safety Engineering activities for a variety of Projects as defined by Project Safety Plans, and in compliance with the principles identified in the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Identify and creating evidence to support system assurance using safety related activities on to support the traceability of the system safety requirements to the implementation and operation.
- Carrying out Hazard Analysis to define safety requirements, and detailed technical system analysis to demonstrate that safety requirements can be met.
- Developing safety arguments and safety cases to support assurance and certification activities including the identification of appropriate evidence to show the arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and justified.
- Supporting clients with either specification, development or delivery of their safety case improvement programmes.
- Undertaking safety analysis by the application of appropriate regulatory requirements, legislation, tools and techniques.
- Liaising with system developers, certification bodies, Operators, Operational Engineering, Systems Engineering and Facilities Management as necessary with regard to safety.
- Assisting in resource estimation for relevant projects and completion of tasks within allocated timescales/hours.
- Operating as part of a team and as an individual with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to estimate, and then effectively work to, time and budget.
- Participating in audits conducted by internal and external regulators.
- Carrying out reviews of third party safety analysis (FMECA, FTA, ETA)