about 2 years ago
Sourcing Manager / Procurement Manager - IT - Technology - Global and Local Contracts
A top FTSE listed organization is looking for an IT Sourcing Manager to join their London team.
The role will look after a mixture of contracts from sizeable to smaller ones and working both at global roll out level and with local end markets.
The person joining must be an expert in IT - generalist.
Accountabilities will include:
- To understand customer requirements
- Responsible for the development and execution of sourcing plans
- To manage a range of internal and external stakeholders
- To apply global policies, standards and platforms including the agreed Sourcing Management methodology
- To build long term business relationships with the internal stakeholders
- To challenge demand and requirements and manage customer expectations
- To communicate appropriate supply chain and procurement messages
- To lead the process of sourcing execution to ensure delivery of the stakeholder requirements and targets.
- To act as a change agent
- To drive and facilitate source to contract.
- To apply the agreed global policies, standards and platforms.
Skills and experience required
- Thorough knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends in IT
- Proven past experience delivering Procurement solutions within a range of IT disciplines
- Must be capable working with no or minimal supervision
- Proven capability of applying supplier and stakeholder management techniques
- Strong Contract management experience.
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier's records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Understanding of the processes, timelines and constraints
- Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective group contracts
- Relevant business qualification. CIPS Corporate Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of The Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or membership would be an advantage