about 2 years ago
SQL DBA - Azure - MongoDB -CosmosDB
A centrally located global organization is looking for an SQL Server DBA who will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage SQL Server databases in environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities (occasionally after hours).
Must have skills and experience:
- Azure SQL Server administration
- DTU/CPU scale up / down
- Database monitoring on Azure Cloud and good understanding of metrics (CPU, I/O, long running session etc)
- Database and SQL performance tuning and indexing
- User management, ( creating user, role and providing/limiting access)
- Table partitioning and table compressing
- Supporting development and test team and provide them required data
- Database capacity planning
- Defining Failover group implementing Database failover and switchover to DR side (Secondary)
- Good experience on archiving
- DDL and DML support for all environment
- database versioning with Azure Devops
- able to do heath check of database with performance views
- Azure CosmosDB (MongoDB)
- Scale out/ Scale down , RU provisioning
- Collection Creation, partitoning and migration
- User management
- Database monintoring on Azure Cloud and good understandig of metrics (RU usage, HTTP errors etc)
- familiar with Robot3T
- Providing data for test team using colletion export/import and migration
- NoSQL database archiving
- Azure Cloud:
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure BLOB storage
- Azure Metrics and Alerts
- Azure API/Application Monitoring
- Scripting and programming:
- SQL query development (function, procedure)
- Python scripting for data processing on NoSQL and SQL server for monitoring and tracking messages
- NoSQL query development and experience with JSON, XML, BSON
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Have an idea about Talend and providing performance tuning
- Familiar with data visualisation like PowerBI
- experience with data analysis, mapping, data quality and data reconciliation
- Designing database for Large Volume of Data
- experience to work with API
- 10+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server